The Holidays are a Great Time to Sell Your Home In Augusta
There is often a misconception that the holidays are a "down" time in the Augusta real estate market and that it is not wise to sell during this time. You should disagree with those that have these ideas for the following reasons and get your home sold:
- People looking are more serious about buying
- Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from, less inventory available, so you have less competition.
- Houses tend to "show better" with holiday decor.
- After the holidays the supply of listings increase substantially which lowers the demand for your home
- Buyers can be more emotional during the holdiay season.
- Buyers have more time to look during the holiday, as appose to normal work schedules at non-seasonal times
- Many will buy to take advantage of year-end tax benefits
- January is the month for some job transfers. If transferees cannont wait until spring, you must be on the market!
- You can sell now, but specify a delayed closing or extended occupancy until early next year if you prefer.
- By selling now you have an opportunity to buy during the spring, when more houses are on the market.
ALSO INTEREST RATES IN AUGUSTA GA ARE JUST OVER 3%! WHO KNOWS HOW LONG THAT WILL LAST!
To learn more about selling your home, please contact Andy Ackerman, VanderMorgan Realty 706-254-2322